Comment on page
Common Troubleshooting Steps for Node Setup
- Check your configuration file to ensure the wallet address is correct:
$ cd ~/mvp-pox-node $ cat config
- Check and restart the etny service
$ sudo systemctl status etny-vagrant
If you encounter an SGX-related error:
- Make sure you have the latest BIOS update and your processor has the latest microcode update. More information can be found here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/software-security-guidance/best-practices/microcode-update-guidance.html
- In some cases, it is required to disable Hyper-threading, as a workaround to fix underlying hardware security issues. Intel periodically releases information on how to fix the microcode/firmware for their chipsets. Please check for the latest security updates and notes here: https://github.com/intel/Intel-Linux-Processor-Microcode-Data-Files/blob/main/releasenote.md
- If you're operating a node within a virtual environment, ensure that you have an appropriate configuration for DCAP. Consult your Hardware Affiliate or intel to setup HAP properly.
- Mutual attestation for SGX requires low-latency network connectivity (less than 50ms) attestation which does not reset connections. A busy/congested network leads to irrecoverable errors during the attestation process.
If you're receiving the error:
"Ftaller error: ufw allow out from any to SIP port 4001" command failed with exit code 1
It's possible there's a DNS issue:
- 1.Ensure your DNS server is able to resolve the domain names:
- 2.Test DNS resolution using ping:
$ ping ipfs.ethernity.cloud
Repeat the ping command for the other domains to verify they can be resolved.
If you try to destroy the VM with the command:
$ sudo vagrant destroy -f
and it doesn't work, you might need to remove Vagrant completely and then reinstall it. To do this:
- 1.Remove Vagrant's data directory:
$ sudo rm -rf ~/.vagrant.d
- 2.Remove Vagrant from your system:
$ sudo apt-get remove vagrant
- 3.Run your installer script:
$ sudo ./etny-node-installer.sh
$ cd ~/mvp-pox-node && sudo vagrant ssh -c "cat /var/log/etny-node.log && cat /home/vagrant/etny/node/config | grep -v KEY && cd /home/vagrant/etny/node/etny-repo && sudo git branch && sudo git log --pretty=format:%H -n 1 && sudo git log --pretty=format:%B -n 1"